Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Early Head Start
All Our Kin’s Early Head Start program provides free or low-cost, quality child care for eligible infants and toddlers in New Haven, West Haven, and Hamden. These family child care programs are neighborhood-based, culturally diverse, and offer flexible, full-day, full-year programming.
Watch this video for an overview of the services provided to chiildren and families through Early Head Start.
Benefits to Children:
- Access to high-quality care in an engaging and loving environment
- Close monitoring of health and wellbeing as well as social, behavioral, physical, emotional and cognitive development
- Partnerships with local early intervention programs, such as CT Birth to Three, to serve infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities
Benefits to Families:
- Collaboration between staff and families to support children's ongoing development and learning
- Assistance with obtaining physical, mental, and oral health services for children
- Connections to housing, food, and income supports
- Opportunities to build community and develop leadership skills
Benefits to Child Care Providers:
- Pay at rates that are higher, and fairer, than those currently available through the state’s child care subsidy program
- Materials, supplies, and quality enhancement funds
- Individualized professional development plans and access to regular trainings
- Program visits, mentoring, and ongoing support from nurse consultants, child developmental specialists, and other EHS team members
For more information, call 203.772.2294 and ask to speak with Carmen, All Our Kin's EHS Family Advocate.