Early Childhood Educational Coach
Position Title: Early Childhood Educational Coach
Reports to: North Bronx Director
Position Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Location: North Bronx, NY (temporary remote through pandemic)
Target Start Date: February 2021
About All Our Kin
All Our Kin is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains family child care educators to ensure that children and families have the foundations they need to succeed in school and in life. At All Our Kin, we support family child care educators at every stage of their development – from parents and caregivers to professional educators and business owners – using a strength-based, high-touch approach. Through our programs, family child care providers succeed as early childhood educators and small business owners; parents have access to high-quality, affordable child care, making it possible for them to enter into and remain within the workforce; and infants and toddlers gain the enriching experiences that prepare them to succeed in school and in life. All Our Kin is recognized as a national model, and has been proven through studies to raise the quality, availability, and sustainability of family child care. We serve over 850 family child care educators with networks representing five Connecticut cities and New York City, in addition to the surrounding communities.
What You Will Do
All Our Kin is seeking a highly organized, driven, and skilled leader to join the organization as the South Bronx Site Director. All Our Kin’s current site in the North Bronx (in the Fordham neighborhood) has seen a tremendous response from Family Child Care educators. We are therefore launching a second site in the Bronx and are seeking a Site Director to spearhead this expansion and work in close partnership with the other Bronx site team. We are searching for an enthusiastic team player who is looking to make an impact and is excited about being a part of an effective, growing, and dynamic non-profit organization.
Early Childhood Educational Coach includes:
- Partnering one-on-one with family child care providers to improve the quality of their program. This may include goal setting, curriculum planning, modeling, co-teaching, observation, problem-solving, sharing resources, reflecting on practice, and other support as needed.
- Using creative strategies to recruit Family Child Care educators to participate in all AOK programming, including personal coaching portfolio of educators
- Traveling to other program sites and providers’ homes regularly. Currently, coaching is conducted virtually; however, we do plan to resume in-person coaching when safe. On average 75% of the week is spent in the field.
- Conducting assessments to gauge quality, program strengths and areas for growth.
- Designing and facilitating professional learning opportunities for providers [1-2 times a month on the weekends and/or in the evening].
- Responding to provider inquiries or requests in a timely manner.
- Organizing and staffing in house professional learning, network & community events and occasional weekends.
- Keeping detailed records and data of all interactions with providers in Salesforce.
- Ensure a continuum of support for those entering the child care field, by collaborating closely with all team members
- Collaborate with the Bronx team, community partners and the All Our Kin staff on additional projects and events that support family child care educators, families and children
Who You Are
You hold deep beliefs in and commitments to:
- Making high-quality early care and education available to all children
- Combating systemic racism and injustice
- Valuing the labor of educators and caregivers
In addition, you:
- Believe in All Our Kin’s mission, core values, and model
- Have experience serving historically underserved communities
- Value and build relationships with stakeholders from different educational levels, and respect myriad values, backgrounds and experiences
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and experience launching new initiatives,
- Are continuously curious, reflective, self-correcting, and open to new ideas.
- Value an asset-based approach to change and understand that the process is lengthy and requires sensitivity, flexibility, respect, and commitment.
- Are able to seek innovative solutions to organizational and programmatic challenges
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Have the ability to clearly define strategic issues and make tough decisions.
You are eager to build on:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Existing experience in the nonprofit and/or early childhood education sectors
What You Can Expect
All Our Kin is an innovative, high-impact organization that empowers a growing number of family child care educators, children, and families to succeed. As we scale All Our Kin’s reach, we strive to maintain the collaborative, values-centered environment that is our hallmark, and to continually invest in the backbone of our organization: our talented, mission-driven team.
Some of the benefits we offer to our staff members include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation time:Three weeks paid annual vacation as well as federal holidays and a December holiday break (typically December 24 – January 1)
- Retirement Plan: All Our Kin offers a 403(b) plan
- Flexible work schedule
All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.