Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Loan Fund Program
All Our Kin has zero-interest loans available for projects that will improve the quality and/or profitability of your family child care business.
Loan Fund Program details:
- Loans of up to $1,500 available to family child care providers
- Loans can be used for projects that will improve quality and/or profitability of family child care business
- Loans are typically no more than $1,500. In special circumstances, loans of up to $5,000 can be awarded.
- Examples of projects that could be funded include purchasing child-sized furniture to furnish child care space, fencing in a backyard, or purchasing a computer to manage business information.
- Loans awarded are zero-interest, so what you are awarded for the loan is what you pay back.
To be a good candidate for the loan, you should:
- Be a licensed family child care provider and be in good standing with the Office of Early Childhood
- If licensed for less than 2 years, should have at least 2 children enrolled or be a participant of All Our Kin’s Early Head Start program and/or All Our Kin’s Quality Showcase Program
- Be an active member of the All Our Kin network — have at least 15 hours of professional development with All Our Kin within the last year
- Be a graduate of the All Our Kin Business Series or commit to participating in the series within a year of receiving loan
- Have a project that you can argue will improve the quality and/or profitability of your business and that can be completed within 6 months
To apply for a loan through the Loan Fund Program, please complete the application in English or Spanish. After submitting your application by email, mail, in person, or over fax, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your request to be processed.
Please Note: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Any applications over $1,500 may require submission of additional documentation. Interested applicants from outside of All Our Kin’s service area who meet the above requirements are welcome to apply.